Join us on December 15, 2019 for Whoville 5k in Grand Rapids
- Un-timed 5k run/walk, a kids’ fun run and all the characters you love from your favorite Christmas story!
- PLUS… there will be enough hot chocolate and treats for all registrants (even the Grinch!)
- Event festivities start at 1pm with the Kids’ Fun Run. The 5K will start immediately after the Kids’ Fun Run ends.
- Event Day Registration begins at 11:30am on 12/15 unless the event is sold out.
- Whoville 5K is a family friendly event. For planning, safety and liability reasons, we require anyone participating in Whoville 5k to be registered for the event including participants in a stroller.
- If you have further questions regarding registration, feel free to reach out to the race director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pets are welcome. By law, all dogs must remain on leashes at all times, and stay outside.
KIDS’ FUN RUN
- The Kids’ Fun Run will be a ¼ mile (or thereabouts…)
- Participants in the Kids’ Fun Run will receive a finisher medal and long sleeve shirt (if registered before 12/9) and the full event experience – including cookies and hot cocoa
- NOTE: Kids’ Fun Run shirts are no longer available if you register after 10am on Monday, December 9, 2019.
- All registrants (children* and adults) receive a medal, shirt, and the full event experience- including cookies and hot cocoa. *Kids’ Fun Run shirts are no longer available for those registering after 10am on Monday, December 9, 2019.
- Those registering after 3pm on December 3, 2019 NOTE: While a shirt is guaranteed for every 5K registrant, size selection is no longer guaranteed for either event. Those registering now through event day may select from available inventory at packet pick up.
- 2019 Whoville Participant Medal & Shirt Design
Available during these times only:
December 13 – 4-7pm – Gazelle Sports Grand Rapids (3930 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512)
December 14 – 12-4pm – Gazelle Sports Grand Rapids (3930 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512)
December 15 – Event Day PPU starting at 11:30am – Riverside Park (2001 Monroe Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505)
- Participants may pick up other individual’s bibs, but they must know their birthdate
- The Whoville 5K (or thereabouts…) will wind through the paved trails of Riverside Park.
Riverside Park lots are reserved for volunteers, and those in need of handicap parking only. All other attendees are encouraged to park on neighborhood side streets, keeping in mind the following:
- Parking Enforcement will be effective on Sunday December 15, 2019. Those violating City of Grand Rapids parking regulations will be ticketed. Enforceable regulations included (but are not limited to):
- No parking with 3-5ft of any driveway apron
- No parking in any designated bike lanes
- No parking in roundabouts
- No double parking, or blocking other another vehicle’s ability to exit
- No parking in area business lots (your vehicle could be towed!)
- In order to cut down on parking issues, and because it’s better for the environment, you are encouraged to carpool and rideshare to and from the Whoville 5k.
Here is a list of side streets off of Monroe Ave, where parking is recommended:
Graceland St NE
Montrose St. NE
Bowne St. NE
Melbourne St. NE
Riverside Dr NE
Parade Dr NW
Janes Ave NE
Burr Oak ST. NW
Elmwood St. NW
Knapp St NE
Cusick Pl NW
Center Ave NE
Janes Ave NE
- No transfers, deferrals or refunds
- Individuals may not run with another registrant’s bib. It is extremely unsafe to do so.
- Shirt sizes may be exchanged with available sizes AFTER the race. No shirt exchanges at packet pick up or event check in.
RACE DAY LOGISTICS
- Event check-in begins at 11:30am. The race begins at 1pm
- PARKING: Parking will be available in adjacent neighborhoods of Riverside Park. Please see parking section of FAQ’s or event email with more details.
- Proceeds from the Whoville 5k benefit the Gazelle Sports Foundation